Thursday, November 3, 2011

Friday!

Well last week I was such a misery guts I totally piked out on just the second week of "happy posting" - probably at the time I needed it the most. This week has been a bit of a roller coaster too so I am making the point to sit down and take the time and acknowledge the things that have made me happy during this time. House hunting has become the focus of my time at the moment, and it's something that's throwing me through a loop - I can't stand this feeling of limbo, not know where I will live, even what area I'll be in, so I can't even do research into how I'll get around, what will be a great local cafe, where can I go running, I can't imagine how my life will be in just a matter of weeks and this kind of thing really gets to me.

So instead of focusing on all these factors I have no control over, it's time to take a big deep breath and give some time to the things that have bought me moments of happiness this week.

Running 12kms for the very first time and feeling strong the whole run and finishing with nothing left, getting a second wind, my gorgeous friends on Twitter, sitting at a cafe in the sun on Tuesday with my best friend Callum, remembering it's my 5th wedding anniversary tomorrow! (where does the time go?!!), fresh bed sheets, my gorgeous friends' first baby arriving - so happy for them!

So there hasn't been a lot because I've been so focused on relocating my life, and letting the stress and negativity get to me. Every day I am going to work a bit harder to put positivity out there and hope in return some good will come back in my direction and I can get on with my life.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Nikki. I'm prone to be a misery-guts myself and find it hard to identify the positives even when I know there are some. A someone who spent every Saturday for four months (and a few weeknights) house hunting I know how exhausting that can be!

    I hope everything will be settled soon, but congratulations for finding the good stuff in your past week (including the run), and Happy Anniversary!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete