Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Round 2 Blogging Challenge - What Is Health

Health. Well we all have an idea in our heads about what health is, and depending on your circumstances, it's going to be a different thing. All I know is when you don't have it, is when you appreciate it's existence the most.

2011 has been "Year of the Ailment" for me. I've had some intense dental work done which left me with incredible pain in my jaws for weeks, a vertebrae in my neck slips out every few weeks requiring me to go to physio and only 6 weeks ago I had just got over a 3 week bout of gastroenteritis, which really put me out. I've also had a sprained ankle, my knee's a bit wobbly at the moment, and there's been various other little health issues here and there. But right now, without comparing myself with other's circumstances, I'd say I was 'fairly healthy'.

Health to me, is a strength, it's something that allows your body and mind to perform 100% the way you want it to. It's being able to recover from the various obstacles that life throws at you and move forward, it's about moving easily, thinking clearly and knowing you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment