Thursday, August 30, 2012

Week 1 Round Up

Hi everyone!

I hope you're all having a brilliant week.  Just a quick update to give you a heads up on how my week went.

Wednesday was the first weigh in for the round and low and behold, after only two days of eating clean and working hard I was 1.2kg down!  This has made me so excited for the rest of the round as it really is the best result I've had in ages.

It's been a busy week so I didn't fit in as much training as I would have liked, I was forced to make Wednesday my rest day, so yesterday I faced a silly hang up I had and ventured into what I call the "protein shake" part of the gym.  I still felt a little self conscious in there but I think this was due to the fact I had a lot of standing around to do waiting for equipment.  In future I think I'll schedule my strength work for less peak times.  

I also spent a little time doing some interval training on the rower and on the treadmill.  It was the first time I'd run on a treadmill and goodness knows how long, possibly a year.  I don't remember it being this easy?  Even with an incline I felt strong and fast.  So for those who are really looking to improve their running and are having trouble walking away from the tready and out the front door - DO IT! - I did it in May last year and I can not believe how far I have come with my running since then.

Anyway.

With a busy week or so ahead of me, I have slotted in this training and I'm putting it here so I can keep myself accountable:

Friday - 9km run (done!)
Saturday - KIMAX w/ 5km bike commute
Sunday - 16km run
Monday - Bikram Yoga
Tuesday - 8km run with intervals in the AM, body combat in the PM
Wednesday - Strength training
Thursday - 9km run
Friday - Strength personal training w/ PT
Saturday - REST (but I'll probably end up going for a swim if the weather is nice!)
Sunday - 17km run

Some of the 12WBT people may notice I don't have a SSS in there - this is because I really do run long distances on a Sunday and I'll burn over 1000 calories on those runs!  

Anyway, also just going to take a moment to revive my old Friday tradition of taking a moment to acknowledge some things I've enjoyed this week:

Warmer weather, the promise of Spring, re-starting 12WBT and the excitement around it, the days at work going really quickly, good coffee, old favourite songs from a million years ago popping up on shuffle, being able to run, the feeling of promise when a new season starts.

Well that's it for today.  I actually have a lot of study to catch up on after the film festival, so I'll probably be blogging a lot more regularly ;-).

Have a great weekend gorgeous people xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment