Monday, March 18, 2013

Much Ado About Breakfast

Well, here I am blogging for a third week in a row - I really want to blog more often, but at the moment, I'm happy with committing to once a week, and ramping it up from there.

I tweet so much I really sometimes feel like I shared the week online already!  (By the way, if any of you don't follow me on Twitter and want to my handle is @nikkimaloo, I'll add you back!)

Anyway, just a quick round up:

Started week one of my 20 week running plan this week after my 13km run on Monday.  The first run was a 6km run with 8 x 200 metre intervals, which - while I was pretty spent by the end, I was really happy with how much energy I had.  My two other runs this week were pretty fantastic too, and my last  "long run" before Run for the Kids this weekend went great and felt really good.   I am still not sure I'll beat my time from last year on Sunday, but I am going to give it a red hot go!

I'm actually really excited about this run, not only am I looking forward to the whole run, but seeing my running coach and the rest of the gorgeous Rell's Runners in either running or cheer squad attendance.  Exciting!!

Nutrition has been mostly good.  I had to eat out a few nights last week due to social commitments, but aside from those nights I've been eating loads of salads over the last week to make the most of the warm weather, and I was fortunate enough to come across $1 mangoes at the market so breakfast has been mango, organic yoghurt with some oat clusters with a few nuts and seeds.


My real vice at the moment is too much chocolate, so my goal this week is to cut that out completely for the week.   I think I'm partly reaching for it because I'm hungry from all the extra training, so this morning I thought I'd try something different and higher in protein so I made baked eggs for the first time - it was amazing - and yes, here's another breakfast pic!

Baked eggs with home made baked beans and soldiers!
I really enjoyed this, although I can't say for sure whether it made much of a difference to my hunger levels as Monday is rest day, so I didn't train.  I'll share the recipe - which is ridiculously easy - in another blog post this week.

Anyway, hope you've all had a fabulous and wonderful start to the week!

More soon,
Nikki Maloo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment